We all have worries, the rational tend to be work related, family related and relationship related for me , in that order also unfortunately. These go into the ‘rational’ thoughts box . But what about the rest? The irrational thoughts- they go down here…. here are this weeks 10 irrational thoughts:
1. Has my daughter deliberately stopped saying mummy on purpose because she secretly hates me… and prefers her dad, and hates me and is mentally blocking my name out for good because she hates me? Does she hate me….? (live-time thought process) …she hates me.
2. My chin hair needs constant maintenance now. What if I end up in a coma and no one plucks it for me and I grow a beard.
3. Am I sad and old because I left the bar before 10pm on a Saturday?
4. Easter eggs everywhere – how can I eat them all without getting fat? Will Easter egg chocolate sugar ultimately give me some sort of chocolate related sugar cancer? Is that a thing?
5. Have I got a disease or infection lying dormant in me from the snakes and lizards at the petting zoo we took my daughter to at the weekend?
6. What if a cat gets into the garage when the door is open and dies in there from hunger.
7. Am I old because I don’t use snapchat?
8. Are the people receiving my eBay items going to kick off if all the clothes are bobbly? Were they even bobbly? Am I going to get a rubbish feedback and be banned by eBay because of bobbly clothes? Why do I still not understand my washing machine? Maybe it’s broken – why didn’t I fill in that warrantee piece of paper? How can I be an adult?
9. Why can’t I do my eyeliner flick properly EVER? Does this also mean I am past it?
10. Why do I keep wearing my pants on inside out without realising? Does this mean I have an early memory loss problem. Will I have to go into a home and who will pay for the home ?
….. and breathe.